What to expect from a career in real estate…
Running Your Own Business
Though you will be affiliated with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, you will be an independent sales associate – running your own business, developing your own client relationships and maintaining your own schedule.
Building a Book of Business
Sustaining success as an independent sales associate will be based on your ability to build your book of business – clients who you work with and who refer you to their friends and family. At Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, there is an incredible amount of resources designed to help you build and maintain your clientele, including a company-provided, agent-branded website integrated with a full-featured client relationship management (CRM) system.
What are the steps to becoming a licensed real estate salesperson?
In Texas, in order to obtain a real estate sales license, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien, 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Texas.
- It is not required that you have your high school diploma or equivalency, however, one must complete* the following classes:
- Principles of Real Estate – 60 Class Hours
- Law of Agency – 30 Class Hours
- Law of Contracts – 30 Class Hours
- Promulgated Contracts – 30 Class Hours
- Real Estate Finance – 30 Class Hours
- Pass the licensing examination
- Complete application and pay licensure fee
- Complete fingerprinting and background requirements
- Obtain broker sponsorship
*Course is considered complete by submission of transcript or course certificate from course provider.
When you are ready to activate your real estate license, contact us to learn more about the advantages of affiliating with Coldwell Banker.